End of 2015 Year Review :)



HAPPY NEW YEAR!


  I hope you had a very blessed holiday season and a happy New Year! :) Mine was very pleasant. I spent the majority of Yule at home (it goes from the 22nd until the 6th this year) with my parents, and Christmas at my grandparents with extended relatives.

Here's my simple Yule altar, my very first :)





 New Years was spent on Skype with my boyfriend, Stephen. We played a lot of Saint's Row IV, so I got to tell my mother that for New Year's Eve we got naked and purposely hit by cars to claim fraudulent insurance money. Her reply was "...Oh." with a worried expression. Ha, mothers.



 Anyway, as some of you may know, around the end of 2015 I went through an artistic dry spell, but as a whole, the year held some advances for me as a professional and for me moving into the adult world. I've had many ideas recently but haven't put them into motion. Now the holiday season is almost over, I'm in the midst of resuming projects and taking on new ones. There are several in motion at the moment. Many changes are being made in my artistic career, and as always, I'm seeking to further it. Here's what's going on at the moment:



What I've done so far:

  Graduated high school

  Had my 18th birthday/symbolic re-birth


  Visited my photographer friend, Lindsay, in Massachusetts 
(and got a TON of modeling photos from it)

 Finally found a blog template that I like

 Ordered 500 professional mermaid business cards to be handed out


 Ordered a greenscreen background for stock photos

 Obtained a wide variety of costumes and props for photoshoots


 Made several small material "upgrades" for the better 


 Drawn up concepts for many different photoshoots with various photographers


 Wrote an article on stock modeling for DeviantArt's group "Project Educate"


  Completed a few photoshoots with Orion...see here and here,

   Attended my first flea market gig with Orion
(He's now my official artistic ally/collaborator/compeer...or "Artner" :) )

  Attended the Spoutwood Faerie Festival and the Maryland Faerie Festival 

  Completed basic ballet training to refresh my memory on the art

  Completed a number of photoshoots with Mum
(which is to be expected/implied)



Things that I've obtained:

  P.O. Box (UPDATE 1/28/2018, P.O. box temporarily unavailable to move)

  PayPal account

  (My own) bank account

  Driver's permit 

  New smart phone (Samsung S5)

  Two (2) Terrabyte hardrive on which to store my art for backup


  Etsy account

  Adult library card 

  Numerous photoshoot costumes/props to be revealed at later dates




 The bad news is that I need to get my tonsils and adenoids removed. :( The surgery is scheduled for February 17th. This is my first time going under the knife, so it's kind of scary-exciting. I'm not exactly looking forward to it per se, but I'll be sooo glad when the whole ordeal is over and done with and my throat is better. So, a large number of projects will be on delay for about two weeks while I recover from the surgery.


 So, this year looks very promising so far, and we're not even a week in yet! :) I'm really looking forward to all the fun events this year holds and doors of opportunity that will be opening.


Welcome, 2016!


Love,
Queen Werandra



End of 2015 Year Review :) End of 2015 Year Review :) Reviewed by WerandRa on 4:52 PM Rating: 5

No comments: