My 21st birthday!




June 9th was my 21st birthday!
  This is a very important symbolic milestone in this lifetime's journey, and it was a very magical day.






  Rachael took me out on the 8th for a wonderful steak dinner at TGI Friday's. She treated me to a steal with fries and broccoli topped with Parmesan cheese and shrimp. We had a lot to talk about and catch up on, and although the dinner was wonderful, I didn't realize until looking at the dinner photo later that I never got my shrimp toppings. The steak was cooked to perfection, but the toppings were a significant upgrade in cost. 






  So, on my actual birthday, Stephen, Rachael, and I were heading to the Maryland Fairy Festival. On the way there we stopped back at Friday's with the receipt, spoke with the manager, showed him the photo, and explained the situation. He was very kind and accommodating, and he remade the meal for me for no cost! He even gave me double fries instead of fries and broccoli so I could eat it easier on the road. Well, of course, there was the steak, and while that wasn't finger food, a guilty pleasure of mine is eating with my hands, so I ate the whole dang thing (minus a few swiped fries) on the way to the festival. SO. Delicious!!!






  We had such a great time at the festival that I totally forgot to take any cellphone photos! However, we did get some polaroid photos. The first three are from our visit at my parents' house, which was on the way to the festival, and the three below are from the festival itself. There's Sam and Kimmy, two of my best bitches who run the best fairy festival jewelry booth on the East Coast: Honey Cat Jewelry, one of my friends and favourite event photographers, Dave of Fotos by Fudd, and then the three of us under a big beautiful tree.






When we got home, Gran made me a happy birthday cake!





  Here is the photo from tonight's meditation bath, featuring my favourite Lush bath bomb: Intergalactic. The crystals in the ritual feature themes of prosperity, purity, new beginnings, gratitude, happiness, and determinations.






Here are some of the other wonderful gifts from my friends and family!


Rachael gave me this absolutely gorgeous aquamarine and peridot anklet featuring two elephants, which are my spirit animal. They're soooo cute! It has become part of my standard ritual garb.




  The next is a total care package that my soul sister, Karaline sent: A thoughtful card with a sweet sentiment, a Starbucks giftcard, a mermaid-esc eye shadow pallet, a stunning opal choker, a bag of Doritos (dang she knows me too well), two Japanese face masks, a hair serum, and some adorable Japanese stickers! 






  Next, my dear friend Rikardo in Bolivia send me the perfect set of lens filters for my new camera! My last UV filter broke in an unfortunate accident at the airport, although it sacrificed its life to thankfully save my $800 lens. Whew!!! Anyway, I'm so thankful I not only have a new UV lens but also a CPL Polarizer and  neutral density filter! They're going to be super useful, and I can't wait to try them out and make even better photos.






  Amber, my beloved huntsman, sent an owl post full of stuff that's just my style: some gypsy pants, smudging feathers, shells, two non-piercing septum rings, a choker with coins on it, an anklet, 4 bath bombs and a shower bomb, some lip gloss, an elephant bandanna, and some incense! 





  My coworkers even threw me a birthday party at work! They got me a birthday cake (we all shared it at work but I got to take the leftovers home), a birthday cake scented bath bomb, and this adorable "Part Time Mermaid" cup. Here is a compilation image from my Instagram page, including the meditation bath where I used the bath bomb.






  It was a wonderful birthday, an I'm so thankful to be loved by so many amazing people who made it even better. Here's to a new chapter in my life, thank you all for reading and staying tuned. I always appreciate sharing with you. Thanks as always for reading! 


Love,
Queen Werandra

My 21st birthday! My 21st birthday! Reviewed by WerandRa on 9:51 PM Rating: 5

No comments: