Tzumi Bluetooth headphones (review) - My favourite things


 I got a pair of Bluetooth headphones for Christmas 2015, and wow, if I knew the difference they make from wired headphones I would have gotten them much sooner.   My pair is from Tzumi, and they work great, especially for the price!

  They only have an average of a 3 star review on Amazon at the time of the most recent update, which surprised me, (I thought they'd be at least 4 stars for sure) but skimming the reviews, it seems like people are mostly complaining about the confusing instructions, which are pretty crappy in all honesty, and issues pairing the headphones to devices. I haven't had any issues with pairing them at all. UPDATE: It's November 17th, 2016, and I still haven't had any problems with them, and I use them often.

  I have written instructions on how to use them in this review post to make up for the crappy instructions included with purchase. I won't tell you that these are the ultimate best Bluetooth headphones out there, because I have limited experience with variety with other pairs, but I can tell you that I love my pair and am extremely happy with them, especially for the low price.

  They were for sale in a brick and mortar store for about $15, and at the time of the most recent update (November 17th, 2016), they're going for about $25 new on Amazon and about $15 used/refurbished. For that price, I recommend them for sure. There are many similar pairs of Bluetooth headphones (both in ear and over ear) typically going for around $20-35, so I'd say they're a fair price new, especially if you get them for closer to $15 like I did, which was a bargain.











  The auto quality is absolutely wonderful, crisp and clear with no static, and the bass is especially wonderful. For such a low price I didn't expect such nice quality. Like any speakers or headphones, there might be a quiet static-y sound occasionally when no audio is playing, but don't worry! It goes away the second audio comes through. While these aren't designed to block sound, they do work pretty well to cancel out a good bit of noise in the outside world when audio is playing, which is an added bonus. They're also pretty adjustable in size, so they should fit most people.


 I also wear them for hands free phone calls with my long distance fiance (sooo much easier than holding the phone to my face, btw), and he can always hear me fine, so I can also vouch that quality of the mic is at least good quality. I don't know how well it'd perform for recording audio or professional use, but I know it at least works fine for phone calls, which is what I need it for.


The battery lasts for about 8 hours after a 2 hour charge. It comes with a USB charger so you can charge it directly from your computer or any other USB port. It also comes with an auxiliary cable to connect it to non-Bluetooth devices, like CD players and what not, which I thought was really nice. It fits like any standard headphone jack.






USAGE INSTRUCTIONS:


 To pair it with your device for the first time, hold the power button until it audibly says "pairing" (it will audiably say "power on" first, just keep holding it), then connect it to your device (look for "Tzumi-Headphone" in the list) and you're good to go. You'll also know when it's in pairing mode when the little light is flashing blue and red.

  Most devices will remember the headphones so you won't have to pair them each time. If this is the case, ensure Bluetooth is enabled on it, then just hold the power button, and let go when it says "power on". It should connect by itself. Easy as that! :)  When you're finished using the headphones, hold the power button again until it says "power off". If you're like me and forget to turn them off sometimes, the battery will die eventually, so don't forget to turn them off so they can get some rest. :) I recommend keeping them charging as often as possible when not in use just so they don't die when you're listening to something.






There are also buttons directly on the headphones to turn the volume of your audio up or down. Turning the volume up with the button on the headphones won't affect the volume displayed on the device, and vice versa, but it does affect the volume you're hearing. Just play with it a bit and find a medium ground that works for you.

WARNING: Be sure to turn down your device's volume down when you're switching from speakers to headphones. Sometimes it can be very loud directly in your ears if your headphones are turned all the way up along with a high volume on your device. That's a mistake I've made more times than I care to admit.  Ouch.





The left and right buttons allow you to skip forward/fast forward and skip backwards/rewind if you're in an application that has an audio playlist. If not, you won't be able to skip tracks, but you can still fast forward or rewind to get to your favourite part of whatever is currently playing.


✯✯✯


  It's SO much better to not have an annoying wire when I'm listening to music or trying to hold my phone up against my face to talk. Swapping out wired headphones for Bluetooth was one of the most significant small upgrades in material things that I've made. I love them! Even if you don't purchase this particular pair, I would absolutely recommend switching to a Bluetooth headset if your device supports it. It's a simple luxury, but a great upgrade. Certainly worth around $25.


Have a great day! 







-Queen Werandra

Tzumi Bluetooth headphones (review) - My favourite things  Tzumi Bluetooth headphones (review) - My favourite things Reviewed by WerandRa on 6:26 PM Rating: 5

No comments: