Visit with Lindsay (+ photoshoot details!)


  My trip to Massachusetts went WONDERFULLY! I had such a great time! It was so awesome to meet up with Lindsay in person after being internet/long distance friends with her for years. The best part is that we had great chemistry face-to-face just like online and we had such fun. I also got to meet a few mutual friends that I knew through her, and that was awesome, too. One night we had a little group get together with pizza (the pizza was delicious- thanks Emma!). That was super fun. Sometimes meeting internet friends is awkward the first time, but this time was actually amazing. I already miss my new friends! We bonded super fast, which was nice, and it's always to know that you have more friends out there, even if they're not close by geographically.

 Of course, with Lindsay being a professional photographer, and me being a professional model, you can guess what we spent most of our time doing! :) We had SO much fun doing photoshoots! We spent three days doing them, and I have over 1,000 pictures (literally!) to go through. I'll be uploading them slowly over the next week or two. Our mutual friends, Emma and Cassie, helped out with some of the photoshoots, and Cassie generously donated her prom dress! We used it in a shoot in the pool, and I got to keep it afterwards. It's BEAUTIFUL! <3


   This is the first photoshoot we started, using items from Lindsay's personal wardrobe combined with the horns I got her for her birthday. I loved the horns so much that I bought myself a pair, too. :)




  We started the shoot one evening, then resumed it another. Lindsay was having trouble seeing the first night due to not being used to the pool water in her eyes (earlier that day was her first swim of the year), so we only got a couple pictures that night. You can tell she's a great photographer when she shot pretty much blindly and STILL got great pictures! :D




  Immediately after we finished the second half of the Minor Demoness shoot, I put on Lindsay's prom dress, she painted my nails black, and then we did the Major Demoness shoot. I love that dress!











  This is another shoot that we shot once and re-shot a second time during my visit. I wore my beautiful, pale peach, vintage nightdress (from the 1940's if I recall correctly) that I got from my Great Aunt Clara. This "Sylvan" shoot was re-taken another day with a different (luxury!) lens, since Lindsay thought it'd capture the motion better. There are some AMAZING photos from both halves, however. I am absolutely in love with them, and it was super fun to do them. Great time!








  We used my nightdress again for a mini-photoshoot in the street by the house. We only got a small handful of pictures because we had to be super quick, but I'm happy with them.







  One of the days we drove up to Maine for a mermaid photoshoot. Due to numerous complications, it didn't quite go as planned, but we still got some great photos! While we were there we (me, Lindsay, and her parents) went out to eat; I also got a boiled lobster with butter, which is an extremely rare treat that made me very happy.



Behind the scenes pic!
  We had to walk to and from the photoshoot spot (about a football field length per way) over the wet rocks in the super cold wind. Blegh! Luckily, I had my jacket on while getting there, but it was still very cold. The photo above was after the shoot, hence why my jacket isn't currently buttoned to keep out the bitter wind. Having to walk the mile or so on the trail back to the changing area with a wet butt from sitting on the seaweed and rocks was not all that fun, though. 




 In this shoot, Lindsay was inspired by the previous shoot of mine with the blue suitcase and my festival outfit. I was fine with that, as I'm very fond of doing remixes/throwbacks/sequels. We used a vintage suitcase from her grandfather and my jacket as props. She was very fond of my hitchhiker pose! :P I'm always hitchin' in photos, haha. But they turned out great! We re-did just a couple at the very end of the last day I was there, after we came back from Salem on my birthday. :) (That gets a post of its own!) We just barely made it, because I was leaving in an hour or so! You can tell the couple pictures we re-took then because I'm wearing my purple festival hipscarf and white barefoot sandals from Amber (which is what I wore to Salem) instead of my black hipscarf and barefoot/anklets.









  Lindsay has a very nice inground pool that we took advantage of for photoshoots. :) It was awesome! Cassie and Emma acted as alternate photographers and photography assistants while Lindsay photographed me in the pool. It was so much fun to hang out with the three of them. We had a blast!


Emma acted as underwater photographer on my SJ4000 camera. She took some nice pictures, even though there weren't too many. :)








Then at night Lindsay did the pool shoot with Cassie's former prom dress:







  Then we did one with my vintage nightdress in the water. Lindsay had to lend me pajamas for that night because yes, that nightdress is actually my sleeping garment when I travel. :) Oh gosh, that shoot was a ton of fun in the pool, even though it was FREEZING. The pool heater broke the day I got there, go figure! Hahaha, we got some great pics anyway. :) I had fun with all the flowy fabric.






  We put one of Lindsay's "lesser" cameras in a waterproof bag during this shoot, and Cassie was given that to use underwater while Lindsay photographed me from above. Cassie only got a few shots because it was difficult to operate the secondary camera due to the set up, but the ones she did get were pretty damn epic!





  Orion and I previously had plans to do our own version of this shoot, so I'm glad I got some practice swimming in that dress! It wasn't the easiest thing ever, getting all tangled up in the fabric and what not, but I'm an excellent swimmer (um...hello...mermaid), so it was still fine. On the other hand, the saltwater in the pool put a strain on the old fabric of the dress, so I'll need to repair it before shooting in it with him.


  Here are some other pictures. I am so upset that I didn't get any with Emma. :( *sobs* Next time I'll get one for sure! If she can provide a picture of herself to share I'll edit this post with it.

The sky on my flight to Boston.



I underestimated the height difference between Lindsay and myself! <3
This was when we decided to take a walk in our PJs first thing in the morning to scope out photoshoot locations.

Setting up the background for the demoness shoots.


Lobster in Maine. Via Instagram


Me and Cassie after the water nightdress shoot, stolen from her Snapchat.
Dat wet, cold, clingy dress tho.


Flying home~

The sky on my flight back to Baltimore.


  So, basically, I had an absolutely amazing time, ALL the photoshoots yielded A+ results and photos I am ecstatic about, despite minor complications. Lindsay and I make a very good team, if I may say so myself, and Cassie and Emma were both a huge help also! Thanks, girls, and thanks to Lindsay's parents, the hosts, for having me. I had such fun, and I can't wait until my next visit!


Love,
Queen Werandra
Visit with Lindsay (+ photoshoot details!) Visit with Lindsay (+ photoshoot details!) Reviewed by WerandRa on 11:36 AM Rating: 5

No comments: