Derma Smooth facial and body brush (review) - My Favourite Things

 Here's another product that has really made my life easier. It was just what I was looking for and more! :D Since I've been wanting one of these spinny facial brushes for awhile, I had to look around the market and see what was out there. A lot of the "name brand" brushes are very expensive (Clarisonic especially) but there's no reason for them to be; You're paying for the brand name with the majority. Like any product, I had to research other similar options to see if extra $$$ on the price tag really did indicate a better quality brush, and my research showed it did not. After weighing options for awhile, I decided that I was going to get this one, and I'm so glad I did...it's WONDERFUL!

  I've had it since early October and have been wanting to do a review on it, but I didn't get around to it. On the positive side of the delay, I was able to make sure that it held up and did its job over time. It has, and I'm very impressed with it!



This is what you see when you open the box:




Here is everything it comes with, the brush, the four spinning heads, and a user's manual with a coupon for 25% off replacement brush heads. The manual recommends replacing the brush heads every three months, but of course, that amount of time depends on how much wear it gets. 

The brush heads included are the body brush (the big one), the soft facial cleansing brush (top), the facial exfoliator brush (middle),  and the pumice stone for feet (bottom). I don't use the pumice stone personally because I need the callouses, but if you use it, don't forget to get both the stone and your foot wet first. Putting it on dry would be a very big ouch!



The brush body has a hexagonal nub that the brush heads securely snap onto. 



The entire unit is totally waterproof (as it should be!), which makes it perfect for the bath or shower. Seriously, I've dropped it in the bathtub multiple times and it's shown no impact on the unit or its performance. 

A spinning facial brush is actually what I was looking for originally, but my good friend Deirdre recommend getting one that had an attachment for the body also.  Let me tell you, dear reader, that I am SO glad I took her advice! My skin has never feels cleaner than after I use the body brush in the shower, especially if I take my time with it. I thought it'd be comparable to one of those fluffy bath puffs, but it's far better. The first time I used it I was shocked- I was literally squeaky clean! Woah. It helped to clear up the majority of the acne on the back of my shoulders, too, which was a HUGE plus. 

The body brush head

The facial brush is just what I was looking for. I use the soft cleansing brush head three or four times a week, and the exfoliating brush head generally once a week, both with gentle facial cleaning liquid soap. The job it does it magical! My face feels SO smooth and soft, plus, it helps to clear up the unfortunate forehead acne to which I'm prone (thanks, bangs).

I have very dry, very sensitive skin, so I have to be careful not to over-do any sort of cleansing/beauty routine. Also, take my advice and listen to the instructions in the booklet when they say don't press the brush too hard on your face. I got overzealous and learned the hard way that, even with the best cleansing products and gentlest soaps out there, over-exfoliation is totally a thing, and it totally hurts. Whoops!


The facial cleansing head


Literally the only downside of this product is the fact that if I pour too much liquid in the head, it flings it around a bit when I switch it on. But that's not the unit's fault, that's my fault for being overly passionate with the soap distribution. :P If I use the amount of soap a normal person uses, or use non-liquid soap, this problem "mysteriously" disappears. 

There's only one speed setting, which, I guess some may view as a downside, but in my opinion, the speed is just right! Not too slow, and not too fast. There are two buttons to turn the unit on and off.

Since the unit is waterproof, the battery compartment is very snug and may be a bit difficult to open until you get used to it. What you do is place your thumb on the bumpy bit below the on/off buttons (where it says "open" in tiny letters), wrap your fingers around it, put your other hand around the top of the unit to hold it steady, and firmly pull down. Make sure you put the bottom piece back on tightly and it should be totally fine in the bath or shower. 


It takes four AA batteries. I haven't had to change the batteries since I bought it, and it still seems to be going strong. It's very nice that it doesn't eat up batteries like similar products, but none-the-less, I hope to upgrade to re-chargeable batteries very soon for a number of reasons.




SUMMARY:

★  MUCH more affordable than the "name brand" facial brushes, with the same quality
★  Four different brush heads for total body cleaning and pampering
★  Unit is fully waterproof for use in the bath or shower
★  Only one speed setting, but the speed (in my opinion) is just right
★  Long battery life (requires four AA)




-Queen Werandra

             
Derma Smooth facial and body brush (review) - My Favourite Things Derma Smooth facial and body brush (review) - My Favourite Things Reviewed by WerandRa on 6:11 PM Rating: 5

No comments: