A room fit for a Queen

In my last post you read about how I re-did my room. I'm almost totally finished. All that's left is to touch up the paint in a few spots on the furniture's new paint, and maybe have Dad build me a bookshelf above my bed.. I didn't take any "before" pictures, unfortunately. I was so excited to do the project that the idea didn't occur to me until all the furniture was outside, whoops! Anyway, here are the finished pictures, I hope you like them! :)


This is more or less what you see when you first walk in the room. The door is in the  lower right corner, so you'd actually be seeing it at more of an angle in person, but I absolutely love the way this picture turned out. The curtains flooded the room with a slightly pink tinted glow.



Here's one from the opposite angle of the previous. The bin under the dresser is full of plastic dragons, which will be going to live on a shelf on the wall of the landing, outside my room, as soon it's built. I affectionately refer to my dragon collection as my harem.  :)


On the far side of my dresser, not visible in the image above, I have a vintage ewer and basin on a little side table.  The little box on the bottom is very special, made for me when my Mum was pregnant by a friend of hers, and it houses some of my jewelry. My Chromebook is hiding under the table, easily missed from above.



Aaaaand here is my beautiful bed! :D I love is SO much! There are actually ruffles around the edges of the comforter, like on the pillows, but I have it too far over the edge to see them (they're tucked under the bed). I'll take another picture sometime that shows how cute the ruffles are.


One of two curtain panels closed. Ruffly gypsy curtains!


 Here are both curtains closed. Maybe when I update this post I will have an inside view with the curtains closed. There's still a little open space at the foot of the bed, which I like. My old curtains had three panels instead of two, and it got really hot in there when it was totally closed off.



My beautiful bed from another angle. <3 



The top of my bedside table. As you can tell from my other pictures, currently empty underneath. My PJs are in the drawer, but nothing is in the shelf below. I might put some books in there until Dad builds my shelf, I might not. I kind of like it empty. I guess we'll see, right? :)


Here is a close up of the little display on my headboard. Yes, I know the candlestick is leaning; if I "fix" it, it throws off the overall aesthetic of the diorama. It's not a real candle, so it's okay. :P 



 Ula hangs on the back of my door. Every time I take her down I have to re-position her in her netting, so she's always in a slightly different pose than before. This picture has been seen on dA awhile ago; I can't seem to capture a new, good one of her. Maybe she's just camera shy.  She's pretty good with children, though!



Here is a close up of the vampire stake I had custom made. It's hanging on my wall, near the door. Does it really match the rest of the room? Not really. But is it coming down? Nope! 


And here is tambourine, which hangs on my closet door.

  That's all for now. :) I might post a few more alternate angles, or close ups up details. If you have any ideas for pictures, please be sure to let me know. 

  Have a great day, dear reader! Until next time.

Love, 
Queen Werandra

PS: Thanks to Steven L. Sheppard who inspired the title for this post! :)
A room fit for a Queen A room fit for a Queen Reviewed by WerandRa on 5:34 PM Rating: 5

No comments: