Spoutwood Faerie Festival 2015

I had a wonderful time at the Spoutwood Faerie Festival! It was just...a blast. I had sooo much fun! This was the best year so far. I met tons of awesome people, (some of whom double as potential artistic collaborators), and some other friends I hope to hang out with in the future- including another mermaid! I'm excited! I love networking- I gave out all of my cards, even though I took more than I thought I needed. Ha! I'll know for next time. I gave out some necklaces, too. It was so fun. :) I can't WAIT for next year!

 Several people invited me to other Faerie Festivals, including one that will have a pool for mermaids. Be still, my beating heart. Alas, most of these are a bit too far out of my distance range for traveling this year, but possibly next! :)






They had a tiny little gypsy caravan, too! It was far too small for my taste to actually travel in, but it's ADORABLE! I had/have a similar colour scheme in mind for my caravan, so naturally, that endeared me to it even more. So cute!


  In the above picture, you can see my costume full-body, and Ula, who's hanging from my basket. She had a great time too! ;) The finger webbing was a HUGE hit, and several people told me that it completes the outfit. The necklace pictured above has my business card on it, so when people photograph me, there's a better chance that I'll get credited. Speaking of which, a TON of people took my picture- even an official photographer for the fair. It was awesome!

(Due to inescapable technical difficulties that have been plaguing me the past few weeks, I have two more photos that are being a pain in the butt and not uploading. I'll edit this post when I can to put them up) Here they are!

My lovely parents :)

Here's one that Mum captured without my knowledge, haha!


  Overall, the experience was a total 10.  Next year I plan to bring my actual tail, as they have an itty bitty stream running through the fair. I can sit there and hang out for a little while, then take it off and wear the mermaid tights under it to walk around later. I figure it'd be a good place to advertise my mermaid business...in fact, there's another, albeit smaller, faerie festival coming up in June...it's about five minutes from where I live. That would be an even better place to advertise, since it's a lot more local...hmmm...we'll have to see how it goes. ;)

See you next year, Spoutwood!

Love,
(Mermaid) Queen Werandra

Spoutwood Faerie Festival 2015 Spoutwood Faerie Festival 2015 Reviewed by WerandRa on 3:28 PM Rating: 5

No comments: