Father's Day pirate photoshoot with my Dad



  As a Father's Day gift this year I planned a photoshoot with my dear ol' Dad. It was called "The Captain's Daughter", themed as a pirate Captain and his First Mate daughter.


  One of the quotes inspiring the concept for the shoot was "Bad luck to have a woman on board? That's no woman, that's me daughter!". Although the quote is tongue in cheek and may be taken derogatorily by some, it is actually a jab at gender stereotypes back in the days of women being considered "bad luck" to be on ships. It's regarding how the Captain loves her and sees her as his First Mate on board and nothing less due to her being a daughter instead of a son.


  My Dad is an absolutely wonderful guy, the best Dad I could ever ask for. He's always there for me and supports everything I do, all my crazy dreams, and I love him SO much. If he can ever do anything to help me in life, he will in a heartbeat, and always has. He's like that for everybody, too. He's a 6'2 gentle giant that would give you the shirt off his back. He's the most genuine, golden hearted guy I know.


  The photoshoot was a tribute to him, and I was so happy to hear he was on board with the idea. I ordered him the pirate captain outfit (thankfully, you don't have to ask twice him to dress up like a pirate) and Orion lent us the swords, as well as some of his own pirate gear for me to wear, which I used previously in an older pirate stock shoot. When scheduling was good for us between work, he, mum, Stephen, and I went out to a local state park on the edge of the Chesapeake Bay. Side note: We had to call the state park where this photoshoot was taken and get special permission to bring the swords, as they are real weapons. They gave us a clearance as long as we weren't bothering other patrons.


  Some little boys were so excited to see "real pirates" and were so happy to get their pictures taken with us. Their reactions were so cute. Also, as Dad and I were heading back to the car to shed pirate gear for the regular beach gear underneath (whew, it was so hot out that day too), two little girls were staring at us from a distance on a playground. Dad threw them an "arrrrggghh!" and they immediately BOLTED. It was hilarious.


 Overall, we had a really great day! The photos turned out fantastic, and we had a fun family day at the beach afterwards! Here are some of the photos.

























After the pirate shoot, Stephen and I also took a small handful of mermaid photos as well, which I thought I'd include here for funsies.










  Thanks again to everybody who made this shoot possible, it turned out perfectly and just as I envisioned, and it was super fun! Thanks to Stephen for capturing the images, Orion for lending us the gear, the park for allowing us special permissions, and of course, my dear Dad for being my Captain Costar and the best dad on this big blue marble. Happy Father's Day!

Love,
Queen Werandra

Father's Day pirate photoshoot with my Dad Father's Day pirate photoshoot with my Dad Reviewed by WerandRa on 10:16 PM Rating: 5

No comments: