Mermaid Gipsy at Jellystone Park, Quarryville PA 2018




  This year Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Quarryville, PA had me back a total of six times over the summer for mermaid performance events. Jellystone events are always super fun and full of guests, and as usual, I had a wonderful time. I believe the children did too! 




June 26th 


  The first day of the season at Jellystone, it was so exciting to see the friends I made with the staff at the park last year and all the new smiling little faces. :) So great to be back!













June 30th

  Mermaids love a crowd! Plus a group photo and a swimming snapshot. :)












July 18th

  Sadly, for some reason I can't download the photos from this day from Instagram! :( There was a group photo, and some mini mermaids wore their tails to come swim with me. If I can download the images at a later time, I'll update this post. Until then, here is a bubble ring clip from the same day.






July 21st

Here are some mermaids in training! We got to spend some time together, so we talked about Fin Fun and other mermaid themes. The second photo here shows a small sweetheart fan giving me a hug and saying goodbye as I had to leave, which is always the hardest part of the events.









August 8th

  Although visits to Jellystone are always fun and rewarding, this was the most ...interesting... day I've ever had there. There was a thunderstorm about 20 minutes into performance, and the pool had to be evacuated. However, there was still 40 minutes left in booking, so they opted to move me to an indoor location.

  The problem was the lubricant I used this day would have prevented me from putting my tail back on after taking it off because it got wet in the pool, which meant I couldn't take my tail off for relocation. So, the solution was to strap me onto the emergency backboard, have 6 people carry me onto a golf cart, have Rachael hold up my fluke so it didn't drag behind the cart, ride across the park, then be carried to a new indoor location. Another shout out to my girl, Shelby, the best and coolest lifeguard at the park!


  In the photos below you can see a young mermaid fan in the pool with me in her own tail, then again sitting with me at my dry location as her human self. So sweet!









August 11th

  This was the final day at Jellystone Quarryville. We took some commemorative polaroid pictures: here you can see one from the 8th when I was being evacuated on the back board, and two from today: one with the whole staff, and one with me, Shelby and Nancy, the rec manager.

  Also, Nancy painted a mermaid statue to look like me and gave it to me as a thank you gift. I LOVE her, it was so sweet! She wrapped it up in a box and gave it to me as a surprise, it was absolutely wonderful.








Thanks again to all of the staff at Jellystone Quarryville, for inviting me to perform so many times, the friendships made, and all the wonderful memories! Sending love and mermaid kisses to you all!

Love,
Mermaid Gipsy
Mermaid Gipsy at Jellystone Park, Quarryville PA 2018 Mermaid Gipsy at Jellystone Park, Quarryville PA 2018 Reviewed by WerandRa on 7:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments: