Not the underwater shoot I anticipated...

 To-day, one of my dearest friends, Brianna, came over for a photoshoot. While the entire day was fun, we had a huge disappointment.

  We planned our first underwater mermaid shoot for a month, but it didn't even get to take place! :( The indoor pool place changed the time for family swim without warning, and we arrived too late! It used to be open until 10pm; we got there at almost 8, and it was dark inside. There was a sign on the door saying family swim is now ONLY from 5:30-7:30pm, instead of all day, but there was absolutely ZERO warning on the website (which I had checked a few days prior). In fact, the area of the site that specified the family swim time schedule was removed instead of changed. It was really a kick to the gut.

  The only employee there was a teenage girl, who was closing up. We explained the situation in detail to her, and plead for just 15 minutes (seeing as Brianna is incredibly busy and hard to book, so we may not get the opportunity for awhile), but our pleas were declined. If she wasn't so eager to leave (probably having plans of her own to attend, judging by how quickly she brushed us off), I would have offered her some money for a few minutes. She was somewhat sympathetic, though, and suggested we come back to-morrow. I do appreciate her not being overly rude. It was a super disappointment, either way.

  To attempt to make up for the anticlimax, we took some dry mermaid pictures in the basement. Some of the best ones came out with a terrible background, despite us trying to clean it up with large sheets of paper and sheets, but it was my good friend, Todd Denton, to the rescue! :D He took the time to cut out all the images with really crappy backgrounds, and made them transparent! He also upped the image resolution while he was at it. Thanks a bunch, Todd!




  We also took a few mermaid pictures in the bathtub, mostly as a joke to make light of the situation, as I kept promising big things regarding an "underwater" shoot. Not quite what everybody was expecting, I'm sure. Hahaha, oh, how anticlimactic. Well, it was a huge bummer regarding the swim place, but we'll get an underwater shoot done eventually. I do have a pool of my own, so worst comes to worse, I'll have some in the summer when it's open. That'll be fun! Look forward to lots more mermaid work in the future.

Until next time!

Not the underwater shoot I anticipated... Not the underwater shoot I anticipated... Reviewed by WerandRa on 7:16 PM Rating: 5

No comments: