ARCHEER 300ml Essential Oil Diffuser - My Favourite Things


Obligatory legal disclaimer: I was provided a complimentary sample of this product to product test on behalf of the seller and review privately to them. This post is written unbiased, under no obligation to write a public review/blog post. All opinions are my own.




 I love humidifiers, and I love essential oils. Combine them, and add colour changing lights and I'm absolutely sold. The product I'm reviewing today is my newest acquisition, which I just LOVE. It's smaller, more stylish, and more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion than my other humidifier. Let me tell you about it.



  I hope to update this soon with better photos; I really like this product and wanted to get the "bones" of the review published quickly, but didn't want it to be without photos. So, today we have some cellphone unboxing and test photos, and soon we'll have some more professional photos so this lovely defuser can be showcased looking its best. :)


✯✯✯ 



This is the direct Amazon link to the product I received. 
I received the colour "Brown".


  Your purchase includes the unit (it's two pieces, the tank and the lid/cover), the cord, the instruction manual, and the oil cup. The whole unit, not including the cord, is a little more than 6 inches in diameter, and about 5 1/2 inches high from my measurements, although it's difficult for me to measure something round. Here are the product specifications from the Amazon page:


Dimensions: 6.6* 6.6*5.7in

Product Net Weight:14.4oz
Water tank: 300ml
Coverage area: 25-30 Square meters
Spray quantity: 30-50ml/h



  Similar products range from about $20 to $45, averaging around $30, and at the time of writing, this one is currently for sale for $40 (or $39.99, to be more specific), which is near the higher end of the price range. It could stand to come down in price just a little to better compete with lower priced rivals, but it isn't outrageous. Overall, it's a solid high quality product and I'm very happy with it, both in function and appearance. It's very simple to use as well.

Here are some unboxing photos! The oil cup (referred to the instructions as "oil tank" is inside the unit during shipment.









  First of all, the aesthetic is fantastic. It appears to be made out of a dark wood, which matches well with pretty much all decors, but it's actually made out of a durable plastic so the mist and water won't damage it. The faux wood is well done, it really, truly looks like wood, especially in person. I usually don't like the look or feel of plastic, but this makes me happy to look at it. Big plus in my book. It's something I can keep out on a shelf or a side table as a decor piece, as opposed to something that is put away after I use it. Its small size also makes it great for a desk or a small table in the bedroom, but it'd be great in any room, really.


  Next we have the light feature. The bands around the middle and the top of the unit light up with the press of a button. You can press the "LIGHT" button on the left and let it slowly cycle through a beautiful rainbow of all the colours, or press the button quickly again to maintain one constant colour. Keep pressing the "LIGHT" button to scroll through the different colour options until you find one you like. There are 7 different colours to choose from, each with a light or a dim option, for a total of 14 different settings other than the changing rainbow and no light.






  If you're trying to turn the light off, keep pressing the "LIGHT" button and scrolling through the colours until it turns off. It turns off after the dim setting of the white light. If you click too fast it will become red again and start over. If this happens just prepare to stop clicking when you see it become white. It sounds more complicated than it is, trust me, it's easy. :)

✯ 


  Next, we have the actual function. This is an oil diffuser, but if you don't have or don't use oils, it can be a regular cool mist humidifier as well. It's super easy to use. All you do is take off the lid, plug in the unit to the wall, add your water, add your oil in the oil cup, float the cup in the water, replace the lid, and choose how long you want it to run. It's pretty easy because it only has two buttons. Don't overfill it with water and you'll be fine. Pour cool water from a cup into the bottom piece until you reach that little ledge, which serves as the maximum fill line. It holds 300 ml of water, or roughly 10 oz.

  Here is a photo of the unit with its lid off, and the oil tank (the plastic measuring cup at the bottom). You only need to put a few DROPS of oil into the cup, don't go crazy just because it's a large vessel. The oil tank can also double as a small measuring cup to add water.




Here is where the cord connects to the base. Don't get it wet or submerge the entire unit.






  The "MIST" button is the one on the right, and that's what you press to turn it on and select how long you want it to run. It has the option to auto shutoff after 1 hour, 3 hours, or 6 hours. If you select the "ON" option, it will run until it runs out of water, then shut off automatically. When you first press the "MIST" button, the default run time is 1 hour. If you press it again, you can move it to the other time options or turn it off. Keep pressing the "MIST" button to scroll through your options and go past the "ON" option to turn if off.

  Since the fan to suck in air is on the underside of the unit, it needs to be placed on a hard surface such as a flat table, book, or cutting board. I tried to take some better looking pictures with it on my ottoman nightstand on a towel, but the mist was barely coming out. Then I realized the fan was smothered on the soft material. Oops. I put it on a piece of flat plastic and then it worked fine. The mist steam came out much stronger how its supposed to.

  It performs very well, especially for such a small thing. The mist stream is strong, the oil defuses well. I tested it out with some 100% eucalyptus oil. Once again, let me emphasize, only add a couple DROPS of oil. I didn't know how much I was supposed to add and went a little crazy the first time, hahaha. You only need a couple drops for an average sized room, maybe 1 or 2 for a light smell, 3 or 4 for something heavier, and 5 or 6 maximum for most cases unless you want to be hit with a wall of scent or you seriously love smells. The seller recommends only using 100% essential oil in the unit.



  Once I figured out how much oil to add, my room smelled wonderful. A light eucalyptus scent was very soothing and also made me sleepy.  This will be very helpful for restful night's sleep on top of the benefits the cool mist humidifier provides. I've been using it pretty much every night since I've had it.

✯✯✯ 

  The only so called issues I was able to find in testing regarded the included instructions. The first issue is that the instructions (or manual, as referred to by the seller) were written in English clearly translated from another language, somewhat broken but straightforward for the most part. There where a few things here and there that made me go "Huh?" as a native English speaker, but I was able to figure them out within their contexts. It isn't a complicated product so the instructions weren't complicated either.

  The other problem was that the instructions said the mist stream could be switched from high to low with the "long press" of a button, but no matter how I pressed or held the button the mist didn't change settings. I emailed the seller about this and they said they accidentally included the wrong manual, thanked me for the help/feedback, and that they will revise the manual for future shipments of the product.

 This was just a little hiccup, there is nothing wrong with my diffuser and I'm not overlooking an obvious solution, this model just doesn't change settings. Now that they will revise the included manual, I have nothing negative to say what-so-ever. This wasn't even "negative" so much as an oops hiccup, the seller was very kind and replied quickly when I messaged them, eager to solve the issue and offer apologies for the inconvenience. Great product and great customer service are my favourite combination!


Overall, I am extremely happy with this. It's a small thing, but having a humidifer near my bed really improved my quality of sleep and helps with my bad sinuses. The fact that this also defuses oils AND looks great is just the icing on the cake. HIGHLY recommend!



Love,
Queen Werandra


ARCHEER 300ml Essential Oil Diffuser - My Favourite Things ARCHEER 300ml Essential Oil Diffuser - My Favourite Things Reviewed by WerandRa on 2:52 PM Rating: 5

No comments: